photo bff04a34-a8c0-47d2-aeca-e08049acf3a1_zps6afe35bd.jpg

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Granola Casserole: A Recipe



I don't remember exactly where I found this recipe but I tweaked it just a bit to make it a little more "healthy" and I think I'll tweak it a little more when I make it again. This casserole came out so delicious though! My boys even loved it and Oliver is my very picky eater.

Ingredients:
2 cups of oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of any kind of berry
I used raspberries this time but I think blueberries will blow this one out of the water. :)
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
but I think I'll cut that in half next time to make it a bit more "healthy"
2 cups of milk
I used almond milk
1 large egg
3 tbsp melted butter
I think I'll leave this out completely next time and see how it comes out
1 tbsp vanilla extract
I only used a tsp because I ran out... just sayin!
1 banana sliced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking dish ( I used an 8x11 inch size). Mix oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, 1/2 cup of berries, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Whisk milk, egg, butter, and vanilla seperately. Add oat mix to greased dish, arrange remaining berries and chocolate chips on top as well as the sliced banana. Pour milk mixture over top and bake for 35-40 minutes. Eat warm and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...