photo bff04a34-a8c0-47d2-aeca-e08049acf3a1_zps6afe35bd.jpg

Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday, Friday, Gettin Down On Friday....

May 14, 2011


Carter slept past seven today! Woo hoo! Pretty good since he goes down around nine at night and normally wakes up at six thirty, but today he decided to sleep an extra forty five minutes! That little bit of extra time did wonders for me. I wasn't nearly as tired at the end of the day (like I normally am) and wasn't tempted to go back to bed after feeding him (like I normally do)! It was a great start to the day...
After both boys were up and fed we headed over to hang out with a couple of friends. Between us three girls there were six kids all under the age of five. Lots of poop, food, and craziness. Super fun though! Some of the highlights of the day...
#1. Carter hadn't pooped since Sunday. Yes that is correct. That would be five days with no bowel movement. Before I left my house I knew that this kid would decide to poop while we were over at Becky's house. I brought a plastic bag and an extra outfit just in case. We were there for no more than thirty minutes and wouldn't you know it! He pooped all over himself and Becky's baby swing! Darn kid... POOP POOP POOP! It was everywhere...
#2. Oliver ate his first mouth full of dirt. And when I say mouth full, I mean MOUTH FULL! I held my hand up by his mouth and he spit out like three huge clumps, ate the rest, and barfed. Lovely. Thankfully this all took place on the patio. 
#3. We ate In-n-Out. Always a highlight....
#4. Oliver said a very broken somewhat constructed sentence today! Mostly it was him communicating what he wanted with more than just one word and my heart pretty much melted! We were at Becky's house and he was tired wanting his nap. He came up to me and said "night night! pease pease! home! pease! night night!". Sweetest thing ever! I love how well he's communicating now!
#5. A $2 Frapp from Starbucks! Yum! And cheap! 
#6. Well this one is a highlight from yesterday that I forgot to write about! He learned about the moon and would look up and say "moon! moon!" every night that we got home, but for awhile now we haven't been able to see the moon from our condo. Last night was the first night it was out and he basically freaked out. "MOON!! MOON!!!" He couldn't get enough. He stood at our slider repeating it amazed that he could actually see it. So cute..
This evening Kylie, Zach, and Hanna came over for some pizza! We then walked to Starbucks and stopped at Kmart on the way home. It was really fun we love having them over and Oliver LOVES it. He stayed up until ten tonight to hang out with us. 
It was a long but good day and now it's the weekend! Weeee Daddy's home!
P.S. The bunny foo foo game is still a hit and he still asks for me to play it with him. CUTENESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...