photo bff04a34-a8c0-47d2-aeca-e08049acf3a1_zps6afe35bd.jpg

Friday, July 22, 2011

Oliver Is Sixteen Months Old

May 19, 2011



Oliver is sixteen months old today!! He's getting so big. Okay so he's been "big" for awhile, but he's starting to act like a little toddler and that makes me a little sad! Where did my BABY Oliver go? He is saying SO MANY words now. I couldn't even count how many words he can say, and he's starting to communicate so much better with what he wants and what he's looking at and all of that fun stuff. His favorite things this week have consisted of the following:
*A guitar pic. Uncle Tyty gave him a guitar pic the other day and he held onto it the whole way home brought it inside and starting pretending like the tennis racket was his guitar (because Tyler had been playing his guitar for him earlier in the day). He later stashed the pic in his favorite little cupboard where all of the flashlights are kept (he LOVES the flashlights) and went back later after dinner to grab it and continue "playing" the guitar. It was obviously very special to him!
*Flashlights. Kaleb has all kinds of flashlights even the kind that you strap to your forehead. Oliver is in love with them. He wears the one on his head while walking around with the other ones in his hand. He can even say "flashlight". We like to play "bunny foo foo" with shadow puppets as mentioned before. 
*The laundry basket. He has been all about the laundry basket this week. Seriously. He pushes it all around the house and occasionally decides that he needs to put something in it while he pushes it around so we find flashlights and keys and other random things in there. He's nice enough though to "share" it with me when I do laundry.
*Keys. He loves carrying a set of keys around the house. We have all of our keys hanging up by our front door so he'll walk up and say "Keys! Keys! Pease!". This is really great and perfectly fine if Carter's not laying on the floor of the living room. Carter boy definitely got clobbered in the head with a set today and was not happy about it. He did his really cute/heartbreaking pouty face and burst into tears. Oliver got spanked and was really upset that I got mad at him....so he cried too. Here was my predicament... Carter screaming because he got hurt.... Oliver crying because I was mad at him and he wanted to cuddle. OH-MY-GOSH... talk about heartbreaking I can't hold both of them! Oliver has been doing this really scary cry where he holds his breath which is only when he gets REALLY upset and this is what he did! Talk about scaring the crap out of your mother, Oliver!! I tried to explain to Oliver that what he did was a NO NO and told him how much I loved him and he seemed to be ok after that. But only after some precious kisses and cuddles. But seriously.... he did the hold the breath thing to me twice today! My heart almost stops every time!
Since I've been staying home all day everyday he has become quite attached to me. This really warms my heart! He hasn't been a Mama's boy up until the last couple of months. I could have left him with someone for a few hours and he wouldn't have even noticed I was gone. Now I go running for thirty minutes and within one minute of me being gone he's asking for me. I love him. SO SO MUCH!  I am so glad that I get to be home with him everyday. I don't feel like I'm missing out on things like I used to.
Carter boy has been very happy, smiley, and talkative the last few days. I love it. He's still a little peanut and hasn't changed (appearance wise) as drastically as Oliver did at this age. He still has most of his hair and his eyes have lightened up and look a little blue-er. I hope they stay that way, we'll see. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a tough little guy by the time he gets a little older, his older brother doesn't quite have the "be careful" thing down yet.  

this cracks me up every time I look at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...