photo bff04a34-a8c0-47d2-aeca-e08049acf3a1_zps6afe35bd.jpg

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Talk Like A Pirate Day


If anyone knows my Oliver very well, they know that he is pirate obsessed! When I heard about National Talk Like A Pirate Day I knew it was a day to be celebrated in our household! Oliver and I talked about it al week, how he was going to get to dress up on Wednesday and wear a mustache, he was SO excited. Wednesday came and the first thing he said when i went into his room that morning was "I get to dress like a pirate, today!"


I had heard that Krispy Kreme was getting in on the special occasion by giving away a free dozen glazed donuts to anyone who came in dressed up like a pirate. We don't have one here in town and the closest one to us is more than two hours away! We couldn't drive that far so we stopped at a local donut shop for some regular donuts, the boys were just fine with that!


We took our donuts over to Starbucks where I got a coffee and they got some water and we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed them together. The weather was awesome and the boys devoured their donuts. Once we stepped inside Starbucks Oliver got so much attention! He was obviously the only pirate in there and I even overheard someone from across the room say "Dude, that kid has a mustache! That's awesome!" It was really funny...Oliver wasn't too fond of all the attention though and quickly removed his vest and his headband to keep people from looking at him. Once we got outside he was totally fine and ready to wear his stuff again...


We drove over to see Daddy at work and bring him a donut. I knew Kaleb would want to see Oliver in person all dressed up so it was fun to spend break time with him. 


Once we got home I sat in their room with them while they played and Oliver decided to come up and hug me while rubbing his face on my belly....the result...a black mustache smudge on my shirt. Oh well, that's the life of a Mom and I love it!



I'm linking up with Naptime Review for the Mom's Monday Mingle!
Looking forward to meeting some of you ladies!

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through mom's Monday mingle. I have two boys and LOVE hanging out with them. I always have a girl....she rules the boys! ;-)
    Marci...www.lifewithjoys.blogspot.com
    Btw....I'm now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute

    I saw you on Monday Mingle and am following you now.
    Please follow me
    http://coupongator2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son was obsessed with SpiderMan and he wore the costume every night. It was cute to see him playing and running around in the house. You son makes an adorable Pirate!!
    I am following you now and would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...