photo bff04a34-a8c0-47d2-aeca-e08049acf3a1_zps6afe35bd.jpg

Friday, May 24, 2013

Baby Weight....Just Sayin

I'm only 5 feet and 3/4 of an inch tall.....not even 5'1"! I gained 31 pounds this pregnancy which was more than I wanted to but I'm not pouting about it....anymore.


This picture was taken about a week before Harper was born...HUGE. A lot of people said they couldn't tell that I gained much weight but I definitely could! It's always hard because I have pregnancy induced tachycardia which keeps me extremely limited to how much activity I can do. I didn't work out at all except for a walk here and there but nothing consistent. I also ate cheeseburger after cheeseburger which is pretty much the reason that I gained so much in my third trimester! Totally worth it though cause cheeseburgers are amazing!


This was about three weeks postpartum and unfortunately I didn't weigh myself so I have no idea how much I was down at this point. I lost at least 7 pounds I know that :)


I know that at 6 weeks postpartum I was down 20 pounds. Since then I've been eating better and working out almost everyday and at 10 weeks postpartum I had only lost 1 pound more. ONE FREAKING POUND!!!! Seriously after all of the work I was putting in that was totally depressing and I was so unmotivated. I went to Target one night to try on some clothes and that kicked my booty right back into gear! I've gotta shed those last ten pounds!


So here we are at 12 weeks postpartum, still 10 pounds to go but I'm fairly certain I'm gaining muscle back which was completely nonexistent after carrying a baby in my belly for 9 1/2 months. I'm doing Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" five days a week and continuing to eat better. I really want to get back into running more but right now it seems my only option is to get up early and right now I don't have that kind of energy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh you got this girl!!! Ps you do look fab as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the almost exact same boat as you! I had my second baby 11 weeks ago after gaining 33 lbs. I'm also just under 5'1"!! I've got about 15 more pounds to go, thanks for the added motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! Girl, first of all, you look AMAZING! Like FREAKING amazing! For reals. Second, im 13 months post partum and still have 18 pounds of baby weight to lose. You are doing pretty dang good. Much better than me! Dont be too hard on yourself! Just the other day, i was in the fitting room at target also, and i was horrified at what size i was trying on and horrified at the image the mirror was displaying. But immediately, God reminded me that my identity and worth is solid and true: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Just as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look fabulous! You have more motivation then I and mine is two years! pass some motivation along! (i try and get in a good routine than something happens that takes away my time and the routine falls by the side) oh well theres always tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...